As a Registered Nurse working in multiple healthcare settings, there was little time to devote full and complete attention to one patient. As an employee – of the hospital, nursing home, home care agency, etc. – I was under the constraint of doing as much as possible in as little time as possible. I sometimes wondered, “If only I had a little more, would it have made a difference in that person’s life”?
In 2010, I founded and became sole owner of Deserving Care, LLC. Over time I have learned that quality far outweighs quantity each and every time. I now have the opportunity to spend as much time as necessary to see that person as a wonderful and unique individual; and focus on their specific concerns and needs.
Subsequently, if the need is to accompany a family member for 4 hours to help them make an informed decision about the appropriateness of a living environment, I am now able to do so.
This is how Deserving Care has established itself in its position of uniqueness.
My Education Has Included –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing – Georgetown University
- Legal Nurse Consultant – Vickie Milazzo Institute
- Delegating Nurse for Assisted Living – Maryland Certification
- Certificate on Aging Odyssey Program at Johns Hopkins University – Currently Enrolled
- Master’s Faculty Scholars Program – George Washington University – Currently Enrolled
- Online and On-site Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
My Experience Has Included
- Acute Care (Hospitals)
- Long Term Care (Nursing Homes)
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Home Health
- Managed Care (HMO’s)
- Nursing Instructor
Servicing The Aging Adult and Families in Maryland and Northern Virginia